Medium Articles (Friends Links)

Here's a list of my published articles on Medium that are behind their paywall. I've provided the following "Friends Links" so you don't need to be a paying member to read my articles. Please consider joining Medium to support my writing. I would like to be join the Medium Partner program. I have applied and my application was denied. I believe it is due to me having less than 100 followers. Enjoy! 

I Believe in the Island of Misfit Toys Parts 1-3 of a Three Part Series A Navigation Chart for the Road to Nowhere


https://medium.com/write-your-world/i-believe-in-the-island-of-misfit-toys-a-navigation-chart-for-the-road-to-nowhere-pt-i-d369f855468a?source=friends_link&sk=65f5f817a63716161fb36a7ea7201357


https://medium.com/write-your-world/i-believe-in-the-island-of-misfit-toys-a-navigation-chart-for-the-road-to-nowhere-pt-ii-652acace3ed6?source=friends_link&sk=4d538824774c3e1fb530084a69147012


https://medium.com/write-your-world/i-believe-in-the-island-of-misfit-toys-a-navigation-chart-for-the-road-to-nowhere-pt-iii-b1f9a11d5bcc?source=friends_link&sk=0258c9472ee5ec20b1ca132bdb2665ef


The Invisible Vet: Refusing to Disappear in a System Built to Forget Me | by John J. Rushton | Write Your World | Jan, 2026 | Medium


https://medium.com/write-your-world/the-invisible-vet-refusing-to-disappear-in-a-system-built-to-forget-me-09950e9c8348?source=friends_link&sk=93eba061e8e2be7b5f4f8e1af7fffeb8


I Always Stay: To Make Sure the Suffering Meant Something

Victor, not victim — A personal reckoning with suffering and the gratitude it demanded of me


https://rockbottomranger.medium.com/i-always-stay-to-make-sure-the-suffering-meant-something-cdd143f78e5e?source=friends_link&sk=cfaabda7ce6efc1afa8c7e55649fff1d


Why I’m Compelled to Write (And Often) | by John J. Rushton | The Writer’s Corner | Jan, 2026 | Medium


https://medium.com/the-writers-corner/why-im-compelled-to-write-and-often-c0b506bcf552?source=friends_link&sk=63ce345f8d5e5a90bcf729ac6173b000


The Cost of Becoming. Part Two of a series: Why I’m Compelled… | by John J. Rushton | The Writer’s Corner | Jan, 2026 | Medium


https://medium.com/the-writers-corner/the-cost-of-becoming-8c505858cd3e?source=friends_link&sk=5073b253d1df01d221096508d9ad52b7


The Practice of Showing Up. Part Three of a series: Why I’m… | by John J. Rushton | The Writer’s Corner | Jan, 2026 | Medium


https://medium.com/the-writers-corner/the-practice-of-showing-up-463fe87400e6?source=friends_link&sk=83216d626e088a9f4b2dacb0b0d67af2


A Navy Vet, a Walker, and an AI Named Cosmo: How I Use Perplexity as a Partner, Not a Watcher | by John J. Rushton | Medium


https://rockbottomranger.medium.com/a-navy-vet-a-walker-and-an-ai-named-cosmo-how-i-use-perplexity-as-a-partner-not-a-watcher-7fcf590537ae?source=friends_link&sk=f3374909c90d999690c2f09b9ebad99b


Walking a Thin Line with Cosmo: Using AI as a Tool While Keeping the Ethical Counselor in Me Awake… | by John J. Rushton | Jan, 2026 | Medium


https://rockbottomranger.medium.com/walking-a-thin-line-with-cosmo-using-ai-as-a-tool-while-keeping-the-ethical-counselor-in-me-awake-1e7270ac1e0e?source=friends_link&sk=c9b36845eede71d2e07d5904e0c2251f



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"One Day at a Time - My Journey from Crisis to Comeback"

"Endure and Prevail: How Family Heritage and Marine Corps Discipline During Navy OCS Forged My "Can-Do" and "Never Quit" Attitude"

Part 1. Maxims, Axioms, and Paradigms: The Tragedy – As One Door Closes (Departure)​